Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Grilled Cheese and the "Y"


So I was making grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for the girls tonight and they were "cleaning" their room (I put quotes around cleaning because they were supposed to be cleaning, but were just wasting time and stirring stuff around). So I went in and told them that I was making grilled cheese for them and they needed to hurry and clean the room so their sandwiches and soup didn't get cold. Then one of them, either Lily or Hannah, said "Daddy, are you making a boy cheese sandwich for you?". It took me a second to realize what she said and why. Very cute. By the way, the photo above is of a grilled cheese with the Virgin Mary in it.
It is like last week when I stayed home while Rachel was at Girl's Camp. I called my advisor to tell him that I wasn't going to be in until later. They asked who I was talking to and I said my boss. They asked who he was. I told them it was that nice man at my lab with the mustache and beard (actually, it's a van dyke, but they don't know the difference). They remembered him and then Lily asked what his name was. I said "Jim". Then Hannah said "Oh! Like at the YMCA!". I got worried, thinking of some guy hitting on my hot wife while working out. But then I got it. We usually tell them that we're going to work out at the gym. Nice connection they made.

No comments: