Sunday, May 27, 2007
Friday night alone
So on Friday night Rachel had a sleepover at a friend's house for a beehive activity, and the girls were at co-op, so I had the house to myself for 4-5 hours. Sweet. I could've gone to a movie, but none of my friends were available and although I'm cool with going to a movie alone, it's only cool for a matinee. Friday night alone at the theatre means weird loser. So I grabbed a stack of videos from the local Redbox and a chipotle blue cheese bacon burger with fries and A1 sauce from Chili's To-Go, and did the one thing that I dream about on a weekly basis. Namely, watching what I want and eating what I want with no interruptions. So I watched Letters of Iwo Jima, which was very, very good. I thought it was better than Flags of our Fathers, which showed the American side of the battle of Iwo Jima. I then went and got the girls and put them to bed, then watched Epic Movie. Very, very dumb but a funny movie. And I'm glad it was only 80 minutes long. I was starting to fade, as it was about midnight. But I thought, "what the hell", and put in Deja Vu. It was surprisingly good, and kept me awake until about 2:30. Then I went to bed, read for a few minutes, and turned off the lights. But since Rachel wasn't there and I'm scared of monsters in my closet, I cuddled up with my machete and tossed and turned for a few hours. Great night. Tomorrow (monday) I'm going kayaking with friends down the Red River and through one of the many locks in the river. Should be very cool. I love kayaking. Rachel's dad and I went out kayaking with these same friends a couple of months ago. If anyone sees one for very cheap let me know. Eventually I want to make one like my friend does, but until I get money and space to make it I'll have to settle for the pre-fab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cuddled with your machete? I'm glad it gives you comfort.
Post a Comment